Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nooks and Crannies

So today I got to work from home, which was awesome! They should let me do that everyday. I was so productive! Although I felt majorly grody for not getting out of my pajamas all day. Pete came home and decided to catch a picture of me in such sorry state (my words, not his). And you know what? Pride be damned, here it is:
Not a bad shot--I think he's going to like our new camera. Ugh, I need to get my skin to clear up. Anyone have any tips for making one's complexion not look like a teenager's?

Anyway, I had to teach a class tonight, so Pete tackled the closet in our guest room.

He just redid the one in our office, putting in a ton of shelving. But we filled up those shelves, so now we're itching for more. I swear to you we are not horders.

His plan is to have this closet finished by the time Abbie comes to visit us Saturday night...




What do you think? Am I getting better?

We also planned out how we're going to do Cosmo's room. I think we worked out a perfect way to build a little cranny for Cosmo that we can gate off when we're at work. Then we won't have to keep him in a cramped kennel. It will be in the corner, between the wall and his kennel. The idea is to use a babygate that swings shut. It will be mounted on the wall and when it swings shut, it will latch onto a hook we'll put on the kennel.  The kennel door will face the cranny so Cosmo can go in it if he wants to. We'll put rubber flooring in that corner so if Cosmo has an accident, it won't seep through the wood floor and ruin that room forever.
 Oh, I forgot to mention that we'll stick a bin or something behind Cosmo's kennel so that the gate is far enough away from the back wall to give him enough room. Maybe it'll be a toy box or something. We can store Cosmo's food in it.

I'm excited about this project!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

1 comment :

  1. Try honey or baking soda mixed with a little water to make a paste :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...