Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In: Halfway There!

I'm down 1.6 pounds this week (which is fanTASTIC for me). That puts me at 166 pounds and a little more than halfway to goal! I'm feeling pretty good about that! One more pound and I plan to take another progress pic. I think I'll do that every ten pounds from here on out to keep me motivated.

I had a dentist appointment this morning to make sure my jaw isn't messed up. They're convinced I grind my teeth at night. I'm convinced I don't. I'm a light sleeper. Pete's a light sleeper. I know what grinding your teeth sounds like and it would wake one of us up. I think I clench my teeth, sure, but I don't grind. We'd know--I'm 100% positive about that. But they're adamant and I do think that the clenching is messing with my jaw and causing tooth pain, so I'll get the mouth guard they recommend. It's hard to swallow, though, at $739--none of which is covered by my insurance. Oh, the joys of being an adult.

Since my dental appointment was near my house and I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Wednesday, I decided to work from home today. I'm not going to lie; it is totally hard to buckle down. And because I spent the morning running around, I'm going to be stuck working late tonight. My plans to visit the batting cages with a friend fell through. I really want to go still, but Pete has to work late and Abbie has plans, so I might not make it. Guess I'll just have to suck at bat at tomorrow's game. At least I won't be sore.

I didn't run today because getting home from the game took FOREVER (the light rail sucks, for the record). We didn't get to bed until 1AM and my appointment was at 8AM.. I might try to run before dinner tonight, if I can. By the way, I tried out a new route yesterday and it was even more brutal than my normal routes. Check out the elevation on this puppy:


I mean, that seems like a lot of hills to me, but maybe I'm just a whiner. It was definitely tough to handle. I'll probably go on it again. Probably tonight. :)
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

3 comments :

  1. That rocks girlfriend! I thought I had commented on this but I guess not?? Maybe blogger is being weird to me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, yours was one of the blogs where I left comments that disappeared! I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the security updates our meddlesome IT department rolled out. :)

      Basically, my comments to you were: 1) I early morning runs rock (you were thinking about adding some weekly runs), and 2) I'm super impressed you can do real actual pushups. That's awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. half way to goal is so wonderful! I'm sooooo proud of you and your determination, to say nothing about your cute fit figure (I tried to say fitgure but it kept correcting me). love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...