Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In!

Oh my GOSH, I am having such a frustrating day at work. That's all I'm gonna say.

OK, moving on. My weigh-in today wasn't great. Up .4 pounds, so I'm at 169.6. It's not fun, but not terrible. I really had to pee during the meeting (that's right, I'm talking about it!), so I think that might have contributed. I'm probably right where I was last week. And that's fine. I just hope I can make some ground this week.

This weekend I started up the 30 Day Shred. So far I really like it! It follows a 3-2-1 method: 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs. Combined, they amount to 20 minutes of an intense workout. I always sweat like crazy through each, and I find the strength training very hard. How did I let my triceps get so weak?

There are three levels to the video and I'm supposed to jump to level 2 when I feel comfortable. I'm going to wait until I can get through the entire strength training piece with absolutely no rests (I only rest for a few seconds).

It's a great replacement for my morning run on days when I'm pressed for time. I also like pairing it with my run. This Sunday I ran for 40 minutes, and then did the video. Today, I ran 2 miles and then "shredded."

Oh! Guess what! My first mile only took 9:35 this morning! By the time I finished mile 2, my pace had dropped to 10:09, but that's still not bad! I don't know if I could  keep that up for 3 miles, but I bet I could eventually. I just have to keep running.

Added motivation? My sister scored two spots in the Minnesota Color Run for us last night! It's been sold out for forever, so I'm not sure what happened, but one thing is sure: WE ARE GOING!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

1 comment :

  1. Keep working toward your goal, girl! It will pay off eventually! Your body is like you, stubborn. ;-)

    Can't wait for the color run!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...