Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Booty

You ask for it, you get it. Or rather, a few ask for it, you all suffer. Booty shots. Old and new jeans. You ready for this? Oh, dear.

So I recently bought some new jeans after realizing I could bump down to size 10s. Yes, they were a bit tight in the store, but I'm going with it.

By pure coincidence, I happened to see an article on Pinterest about mom jeans right before heading to the store. ;-)

It's fascinating. I highly recommend you check it out here. So here's my own sorta comparison. I've got three "before" jeans (size 12, from Target and Kohl's) and two "after" jeans (size 10, from Express). Note that none of the "before" jeans are hand-me-downs. I didn't try any second-hand jeans on when taking pictures because I felt it would be rude and tactless. I'm not churlish enough to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Anyhoodle. Here are the results. Because I only had two size 10s, one will be repeated (but I took two pictures of that pair, so it all works out).


Target
Express
Kohl's
Express

Kohl's
Express
All in all, the "befores" weren't that bad. Except for the last one. My goodness, that last one is horrible. And those were my favorite, actually. Apparently I need to spend more time looking over my shoulder in the mirror. Why are the pockets so far apart?? Also, because I was leaning back to get the picture, my torso looks tiny in these pictures compared with my upper body. That's definitely not the case IRL. :)

So now I can consider this request fulfilled. Time to wrap things up at work so I can go on vacation starting tomorrow. Pete and I are tripping to the Windy City for a few days. We're very excited. I get to see my friend be all cute and pregnant, try authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza for the first time (oh YES I am!), explore the Field Museum AND the Museum of Science and Industry, party with the fishies at the Shedd, and enjoy some fantastic architecture from the Chicago River. I'm going to try to take lots of pictures, so be looking for my post sometime next week!

I might post tomorrow, too, after I stop in to the WW clinic to weigh in. By the way, I'm experiencing some serious plan fatigue. That's really not good, considering I'll be traveling. I'm hoping I can hold myself to the healthy eating. I'm going to try, but I might need some inspiration. Anyone have any tips for sticking to it when you really don't wanna?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

5 comments :

  1. Love al the ass shots :) Just made my day and made me realize I should have gotten my lazy ass to express when they were doing half off jeans over the weekend. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sale broke my heart! Right after I purchased my pairs! I should have gotten my lazy ass to the store to see if they'd apply the discount to my receipt!

    Oh well. Can't put a price on a nice looking booty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!!! great booty shots. Looking very cute all over...even your torso. Have a great time in Chi-town. Enjoy yourself...you can get back on track when you get home. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...