Monday, August 20, 2012

Guess What! Never Mind.


Well, it's Monday. That means back to work. The weekend went way too quickly.

I'm especially unhappy to be back at work because I'm really not liking my job lately. Remember how I mentioned that extra work I'd been doing at night and in the mornings before work? I was applying for another job. I was putting together my resume, then cover letter, then portfolio, and then practicing for my interviews (phone and in-person). I had my in-person interview last Wednesday and was really hopeful. But I got a call on Friday from the recruiter who said that they put the position on hold for now. She invited me to apply again when they reopen the position. Gee, thanks.

I didn't want to mention anything on here until I knew which way it would go, so I kept quiet. I didn't want to make a big deal about it and then not get the job. And apparently I was right in doing so. See? No job, no big deal.

Except it is a big deal. Because I really wanted that job. My commute would have been 5 minutes--I could have biked to work. It was at a company I've been eyeing for years now, and a position that basically distills my very favorite things about my current job. I'll definitely be reapplying when it's open again, but I don't take this as a good sign. Either their approval to hire for it was rescinded, or they just didn't like any of their candidates and decided to wait on hiring. I'm afraid it's the second one. (They "strongly prefer" someone with a JD, even though that really isn't necessary for this type of position. Whatever.)

So anyway, that ruined my Friday. And having seen a light at the end of the tunnel for the past few weeks, it makes coming back to my job on Monday a little unbearable. I've been cranking Kate Nash and avoiding people today to get through it. At least I've got a massage at the end of the day to look forward to. I'm hoping the masseur can help me out with my lower back and my supertight neck muscles. Oh yeah, I got my mouth guard on Friday to help with my TMJ. I think it's protecting my teeth pretty well, but it seems to have made my jaw worse--I woke up with it locked today and had to loosen it before I could take out the damn mouth guard. Pete suggested it might be time to invest in a special pillow.



SO...there's my update. Tomorrow I hope to have some more cheerful news: Present and future craft projects! A big milestone! New jeans!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...