Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Positive!

I promised a more upbeat post, and here it is!

So my career isn't moving along so swell, but at least my body is! I've hit a few milestones in the last week that I'm very excited about!

  • As of last Wednesday, I now weigh less than my husband. This is monumental, people! It's the first goal I ever set for myself when I started this whole thing back in November. WW suggests you set a goal for your first 5lbs, then 5%, then 10%, but before I ever joined, I fantasized about not being heavier than Pete. A few months ago, I told Pete when I did finally under weigh him, I'd make him carry me around the house, so he'd better be prepared. I've made him give me a few piggy backs, but (luckily for him), I haven't really made good on that promise. Except the other night when my sister was over to snap a few shots. The pics aren't quite as flattering as I imagined they'd be--but then again, I don't really look how I'd imagine I'd look ate 159lbs. Too bulky around the middle (loose skin? Maybe?). But who cares?! Here they are!



  • I can do real push-ups! I can do four real push-ups in a row, to be precise. I can't quite touch my chest to the ground (when I try to go really low, my lower back engages and it hurts--I think it's that stupid pool injury still lingering), but they're about as real as they're going to get! I suspect a few planks might strengthen my core enough to get them lower, but for now, I'm thrilled I can do this. I haven't been able to for years.
  • (As of this morning) I can run 5 miles! I've been trying to get there for weeks, but every time I set out on a 5-mile run, I'd wind up at home just after 4 miles. Apparently I suck at planning routes. Today I took the route I normally bike. I was convinced it was way more than 5 miles, but it worked out perfectly. And I felt amazing while running it--not out of breath at all. I really could have kept going. Mile #5 was probably the easiest one I ran, actually. My overall pace was 11:15 min/mile, which is slower than normal these days, but, as Pete pointed out, better than my 1-mile pace before I started running. I can't tell you how jazzed I am to have broken this barrier!

So those are the positive things. And you know what? Everyone always has something wrong in their life, right? (Or is it just me?) I guess having to stay at a stable job isn't the worst cross to bear. My health is good, my relationships are good, and that's good enough. I'm choosing to trust that my job will work itself out. Or else I'll just become an extreme couponer. Society needs more of those, am I right? :)
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

5 comments :

  1. Ah! The last picture is fantastic! Please blow it up and hang it somewhere so you can see it everyday! Never mind, I'm going o print it and hang it up here as motivation! So cute. I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks! I miss you, girlie. I can't wait until you come back this winter! So excited to see you and Miss A!

      Delete
  2. You guys are too sweet! How fun and I am so excited I found your blog! It looks like you are doing an awesome job with your weight loss you look fantastic! Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any help my blog may help you keep up the good work with. Its all about healthy eating and I also post work outs.
    xox
    Happy to meet you!
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashlee! I'll definitely have to check out your site!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your milestones. I love your new jeans and what a treat to have Pete carry you! The pictures are too cute.
    As you know...good things come to those that are patient!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...