Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Day I Stole The Widgeon Wheels - A Guest Post

Hello Widgeon Readers!

My name is Abbie--I'm Kate's sister. Today I went over to the Widgeon Nest and I wanted to share my experience with all of you. The best part about this blog post is that I didn't ask permission to write it. It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Sorry Kate! ;-)

Kate has always been an inspiration for me--probably because when she does something, I want to tag along. Kate started Weight Watchers and I saw how amazing she was looking and feeling. I wanted that too. I started in May (about six months after she did) and lost weight right away. I love the program and it's been great. However (there's always the however) summertime has proven to be a big challenge for me. Traveling doesn't allow a lot of control over your meals. I've been away from home almost all summer. So needless to say, I gained. I haven't been to a Weight Watchers meeting in over a month. I'd been avoiding it frankly.

This morning, Kate texted me asking if I wanted to go to a WW meeting with her. I agreed but made it clear we'd best get Subway for lunch afterwards. She was hard to persuade. It was SO much fun to go with her because the ladies were impressed and excited for Kate. Kate has lost 40 lbs! I couldn't be more proud of her! The leader LOVED Kate and kept asking her opinion throughout the meeting. It also didn't help that we're bad listeners and giggle about stuff throughout the meeting. Oh well!

After the meeting and lunch we went back to Widgeon Nest and hung out. I said I needed to go because I wanted to get a bike ride in, and Kate suggested I give her new bike a whirl. After getting me all set up, putting the helmet on, and being called a "douche bag" I was on my way! Such a fun bike! I agree whole-heartedly that your hands and rear start to hurt after a while because of the bumps on the sidewalk. My one complaint was a truck driver who stopped in the middle of the road trying to turn onto the road I was on. He was in my way and I was halfway up a hill. I had to stop completely to avoid hitting him or having him hit me. Jerk. Otherwise it was a wonderful workout and my thighs sure are tired!

After I cleaned up from my ride, Kate, Pete, some other friends, and I went to see the new Batman movie. Which we loved, for the most part! Overall, a very good day!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

1 comment :

  1. It was so fun going to the meeting with you! I have a feeling that if I switch over to that new location, it will be unbearable if you don't go with me!

    Also, it was so much fun watching you pedal away--when was the last time you even rode a bike? So glad you enjoyed Black Beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...