Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In!

The string of incredibly busy days continues. My goodness, this is getting old!

Yesterday was a weird day. I'd planned to take the afternoon off for an important appointment and go in extra early in the morning for a half-day of work. I woke up at 5:30am and dragged myself to the basement for a quick Shred session (as that was all I had time for). Afterward, I hurried upstairs and jumped in the shower.

...and almost passed out. I became light-headed and felt an overwhelming urge to throw up. I knelt down in the shower and took a beat. After a few minutes, I told myself I was wasting precious time and forced myself to stand up and lather up with shampoo. But I still felt nauseated and needed to lean against the shower wall to stabilize myself. It got worse when I rinsed the shampoo out of my head--the cool water on my burning scalp was shocking and twisted my stomach even more. It seemed like ages until my hair finally rinsed. Then I grabbed the conditioner and sank to the floor. I conditioned my hair in a sitting position. I told myself that I'd lie down once I was scrubbed up and out of the shower. But as I sat there I realized that standing up and scrubbing off was not happening. I forced myself to rinse out the conditioner--more stomach twisting. Then I shut off the water and barely managed to dry off before I needed to rush to the bedroom and collapse in bed.

Pete's used to my sudden, inexplicable maladies and my melodrama, so he moved the waste basket to the side of the bed and tried to help me keep calm. He got me some Tums and then I tried very hard not to throw up for the next two hours. At some point, I drifted off to sleep. Pete woke me at 8:15am, and I still felt terrible. I called in to my boss and ended up taking a whole day of PTO. Then I ate a granola bar and went back to sleep.

When I woke up a few hours later, I felt right as rain. Abbie and I went to a WW meeting, and here are my stats:
Weight: 159.0 lbs
Previous: 160.8 lbs
Total lost: 40.6 lbs

So here's the thing; I've done the Shred dozens of times. I didn't push myself any harder than I usually do. I did the Shred on an empty stomach and then drank water afterward, per usual. WTF was the nausea and light-headedness all about??

Anyway, today has been an insanely busy day (5.5 hours in meetings, whoop whoop). And when I get home, I plan to go for a run, since I snoozed right through my morning workout today. Given what happened yesterday morning, maybe I should eat a banana before I go, though, huh?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

4 comments :

  1. I wonder what all that light headedness and tummy twisting was about. I'm glad it didn't last for 24 hours. I also really love that you used "right as rain"!
    Hope you continue to feel well and CONGRATULATIONS ON 40 POUNDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH KATE! First, so exciting that you are 159!! Congrats on the 40 pound loss! That is an enormous accomplishment!

    I'm not sure what to tell you about the dizziness, however...did you feel dehydrated? Maybe you just needed a lot of sleep and rest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. From my very detailed and educated research I've discovered you have one of the following (or something else) gallstones, food poisoning, constipation, panic attack, peptic ulcers, or acute kidney failure. Your welcome.

    In all seriousness, that's scary. Just eat at least half a banana and see if it happens again. Julie once had the same thing happen to her when she gave blood. Maybe it's just an imbalance for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're* welcome... Dag nabbit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...