- Went to the Shedd Aquarium for their Wednesday night "Jazzin' at the Shedd" where we listened to live Jazz music, drank beer (1 bottle each), and looked at the animals. We got to see jellies, otters, penguins, dolphins, sharks, fish, and crustaceans. We did NOT get to see the Beluga whale, which had just birthed a baby (pup?) and needed her privacy. Bummer.
- Took an architecture tour cruise, which was Pete's favorite. I took a million pictures, none of which I'll post here (boring).
- Walked along the river quite a bit because we didn't want to blow all of our dough on cabs and we'd heard the L is confusing for the uninitiated.
- Walked around the Field Museum. Looked at dinosaur bones, other animal bones, stuffed mammals, pottery, etc. It was pretty cool, but not as neat as the Shedd.
- Visited Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel once so we could check out the skyline.
- Walked from Navy Pier to Hancock Tower and took in the cityscape. Pete, who can climb pallat rackings and scamper effortlessly over obstacles during the Warrior Dash, was a little afraid of the height, which made me love him more. :) We had gelato at the top of the tower.
- Walked to the Trump building to have a look around. Did not get to go inside but saw a classy looking lady with two white pomeranians in the lobby.
- Went to the Museum of Science and Industry and tried to play along. Ultimately, we didn't like it. :-/
- Road the train from the 'burbs to the city and from the city to the 'burbs. We were offered beer and that is how we discovered that the train can become one big party on Friday afternoon. How fun would it be to get toasted on your evening commute? :)
- Visited my friend Gillian (the one with the neice who says "toilet" to the baby in Gillian's belly). Had a look around Dekalb, visited the campus where they both work, ate tapas, drank drinks.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Oy! I just realized I promised pics and info from the Chicago trip. I really doubt anyone cares to read about the trip, so here's some very quick info. We: