Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In: Postponed Indefinitely


GUESS WHAT. Tomorrow, my two-week break from working out ends. Tomorrow I run.

It's time!

I have felt like such a pile these past two weeks. Ugh! I feel like I've been sucking it up in a big way. My eating was terrible in Hayward (Pete's godmother owns her own candy shop in town and we stopped in there to see her at least once a day three days in a row). I'm so glad we're done traveling for a while. At least until November.

But even home I haven't been on my A-game. A better game, but not A. I think my lackluster performance has something to do with a sweat deficiency. I just feel so much more in control when I'm working out. So it's time to recommit! Tomorrow I run! And what's more, tomorrow I start a strength training routine with my (wait for it)...



NEW DUMBBELL SET!

Pete and I drove just past the MN-WI border last night to pick up this baby from a very nice man who was very motivated to get it off his hands. I love Craigslist. My plan is to lift weights three times a week and do some form of cardio six days a week. I'll do the cardio in the morning, and then Pete and I will lift weights together at night. I'm also going to try to work in some physical therapy each night. I need to sit down with the exercise write-ups and divvy them up so I'm only doing two or three a day. That way I'm (hopefully) spending 15-20 minutes on it rather than 1-1.5 hours.

And, to avoid having my enthusiasm sucked right out of me, I'm NOT going to my Wednesday meeting today. I'm trying a Saturday morning meeting and hoping that a new mix of members will give me the inspiration I need. Now I just need to come up with an alliterative name for my Saturday weigh-in...

ALSO, new goal: I've decided that I'm putting all of the points I leave on the table (both activity and weekly) toward a new pair of jeans. I need skinny jeans to wear with boots. Every point I don't consume each week will translate into dollars I can put toward my jeans.  BAM. Motivation. :)

Anyone else doing anything to shake things up?

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

4 comments :

  1. Saturday morning is a good time to go I think, because it helps stay accountable for the weekend. I used to weigh in on Thursdays, and then my Fridays were less than stellar for sure (ahem, sometimes also Saturdays).

    Dont' worry girl, you'll get on track in no time! Traveling makes it difficult to stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the motivation for the new skinny jeans -- you need them to show off your awesome boots and booty.
    Hope the workouts go well and you enjoy your new dumbbells! You're so thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to be thrifty with points, too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...