Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tattoo Tuesday Linkup (I'm a fraud)


Today I'm linking up with Melanie at http://4kottez.blogspot.com/ for the Let's Talk Tattoos Tuesday.

I'm so excited to tell you all about my ink! So my tattoo is pretty deep. It's a turtle/peace symbol with hibiscus flowers and sparkles. The sea turtles is a symbol for creation, endurance, strength, stability, longevity, fertility, and innocence. I think we can all agree those things describe me. The peace symbol represents my love for...peace.



I got this tattoo when I was 27 years old. Three days ago. And I put it on last night. I thought it would hurt, but it didn't really. It was just kind of wet and then after it started to dry, it got a little itchy.

BUT, it's totally high quality. It's already survived a shower and remained intact.

I did wear a long-sleeved shirt today so I wouldn't look like a complete freak at work. BUT I forgot about my tattoo on my run today and rolled up my sleeves (it was 55 degrees out). I waved to quite a few people with my right hand...I like to think I looked like a bad-ass to them with my ink. :)



Rough run today, though. I did 5 miles after work yesterday and planned 4 miles this morning (gotta earn as many activity points as possible so I can buy skinny jeans! I blew through all my weekly points this weekend because we were drinking damned long island iced teas). I only made it to 3.3 miles, though, because I was S-O-R-E. Today I'm walking like a geriatric with a bad hip. :-/

At least my tat makes me look young. Like 7-year-old young. Can't beat that for 50 cents!


Photobucket


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

7 comments :

  1. You WIN... the best tattoo out there. I freakin love this post. I think the symbolism is amazing you truly had to think about this for years.. OMG this is hilarious. Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!! I was amazed at the sparkles at first.... then I was all "WAIT A MINUTE!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK it's a cute tatoo and I'm SOOOOO glad it's not permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA

    I just made Chris read this post.

    Oh my gosh, we need to meet in real life--- you crack me up. When you started talking about how you applied it and got it wet, I was like, "oh no she deeeeeeddddn't." :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...