Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm back! Momentarily!

Way-all. That was kind of an extended absence, wasn't it? I was in vacation mode these last two weeks and took some time out from blogging (and eating right and exercising regularly, incidentally). I have to admit, I really enjoyed my time away from Blogger and Instagram. And that gave me something to think about. I think, for a while, at least, you'll be seeing fewer posts from me during the week.

Especially over the next few days because my schedule is crazy! I'm at work today and tomorrow, teaching tonight and driving to Des Moines tomorrow night for my friend's wedding. I've got to get to town early for the bachelorette party and the rehearsal. This is the first wedding I've ever been in besides my own (let's just say I'm not really the bridesmaid type and leave it at that)! I'm really excited for this wedding and I'm very happy to be a part of it, so I plan on soaking up this experience!

Anyway, before I skip town, I wanted to get out a recap post and talk about a little something I like to call falling of the wagon.

The Wagon


Ladies, I've got road burn.

No tracking, no WW meetings, hardly a work out at all. I'd like to say it was glorious, but I was miserable. Being off of my routine led to a lax attitude, which led to guilt. I was eating holiday treats and not even enjoying them. I think I did it for the sake of doing what I shouldn't be doing. I was eating for emotional reasons and not for hunger. People who hadn't seen me for a while kept telling me how amazing I looked and that made the guilt even stronger! I felt like a piece of crap and I couldn't pull myself out of it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, why I couldn't do anything. Then Pete pointed out that I was a routine-oriented person who'd been off her routine for a week and a half. I'd gotten used to the endorphins from my workouts and the good feeling of a job well done. I'd traded that in for a few Christmas cookies and, shockingly, it didn't work out.

Today is my first day back on my routine and it feels AMAZING. My coworkers are all despondent that the vacation has ended, but I'm happy as a lark! I got up early this morning and ran without any side stitches!!! I ate some Greek yogurt and drank some coffee. I packed myself a salad, blueberries, an orange, and cucumber slices with a wedge of Laughing Cow. I got back on the wagon. It feels amazing. My routine will get messed up all over again tomorrow when I drive to DSM, but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of staying on plan while I'm there. I'm going to use the hotel gym and the pool and order salads and drink water!

The Recap


When I wasn't wallowing in a cookie-induced depression like a huge loser this holiday season, I did have some fun experiences.

I made chocolate covered cherries with my sister and her boyfriend. And made sure to keep some in our house. You know. "For Pete."


I went dress shopping with my sister and fit into my FIRST SIZE 8 DRESS! (pictures taken pre-holiday bloat)

Size 8! And a little "mother-of-the-bride"...


This is the dress I bought for my friend's wedding. Here, I'm wearing a size 10, but I brought home a size 8.


We went snowboarding!


I worked from home a bit and got distracted by my adorable puppy.


I made champagne jello shots for our annual NYE party, which looked like barf when the pop rocks melted on them. I ended up jamming them into actual shot glasses and force-feeding them to our guests. Pinterest fail!


I got all dolled up for the party...








Only to abandon the party at 10pm with my first migraine ever. It sucked. Pete woke me up just before midnight so I could celebrate with everyone and get my NYE kiss. Then I went back to bed. So painful! I blame my poor diet.

It was a shame because it was a ROCKING party, complete with BATTLE SHOTS. Pete promised to do a post on how he made this game soon!


At least my sister was there to get some pictures...

Of the main room


Our beautiful guests



My freaked-the-F-out antisocial dog


Who spent most of the night glued to Grandma Ruth and eating ice cubes



And me with my handsome husband



Hope your NYE was a night to remember!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...