Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

button

Normally I do my weigh-ins on Saturday at the WW clinic and then post my "Saturday Stats" here on Sunday or Monday (or not at all), but today I'm so stoked to be linking up with Erin and Alex for Weigh-In Wednesday! I'm a new follower of these ladies. I'd seen that little Weigh-In Wednesday button crop up on a bunch of blogs the past two weeks and I knew I wanted in, but I didn't get my act together to look at the rules (which include following the two link-up hosts) until yesterday. When tried to click "follow" on each of their blogs, I realized I had already followed them without realizing they were the Weigh-In Wednesday Girls!

I found Alex through a link on Lora's blog and my introduction to her was this tremendously touching post in which she poured out her heart about regrets and disappointment. I knew I had to follow her story.

I found Erin through a link on Holly's blog and read a brilliant analysis of parenting techniques and a call to ignore second-guessing and provide the unique things your unique family require. I don' t even have any kids and her post had me saying, "YEAH. Take that, WORLD. I know what's best for my babies." Er...well...You know.

I just love well written blogs.

But enough with the glowing reviews. Let's get down to brass tacks. This Saturday was my first WW weigh-in in three weeks. You see, I was too sick to go to a meeting and then it was the holidays and "why would I torture myself?" I weighed myself on my bathroom scale shortly after the New Year and saw that I was up to 149--about a 1.5-pound gain. On that day, I was relieved. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

I don't know just what number I thought I'd see this Saturday, but when I saw 148.2 lbs, I was disappointed. What?? What did I think: was I really going to lose more than that after a few days of good eating? I should have been happy. Or that's what I tell myself. But I was disappointed that I was a pound higher than my lowest weight a few weeks ago. I was disappointed that I let the holidays derail me. I didn't gain that much (thank goodness), but think about where I could have been by now if I hadn't gone off plan.

This morning, I weighed myself again on the bathroom scale and saw this:


I think that's like 147ish. I'm happy to see some progress. I'm not quite that ecstatic to be clawing my way back to a weight I'd already hit, but dwelling on the past won't help me. I need to look forward, and that I can do. I can tell you that once I see a number on the scale under 147, I'll be thrilled. I'm so ready to see that number start to plummet. I feel motivated lately, what with the half training and the new gym and the classes. My eating has been much better (excepting the two bowls of Kix I had on Monday night... wish I could CTRL + Z that midnight snack). I need to ride this motivation and feed off of it. Success is motivating, too, so I'm going to try hard to keep it up for as long as possible.

Then, when the motivation fades, it's your determination that sees you through.




Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...